Posted on October 8, 2014
Oh the weather has SO changed has it not (and I’m sharing about cami’s?!) Can’t wait to share some gorgeous pics of our countryside with you, meanwhile I’m indulging in a street style post with what I’ve been loving this past week or two.
1. Vest tops, kinda boring I always feel as they’re more of an undergarment most of the year (in the UK anyway) and they’re rarely the main attraction… sort of like socks…? Anyway, I recently purchased these silk camisole and long vest tops (whilst out looking for warm jumpers!) and have just worn so much as they seem to go with everything, I think I’ve worn either colour every day for the past six weeks. They hang beautifully and extend just below the waist a good length so as to give that effortless chic (well that’s what I’d like to think!). Available from JIGSAW in many colours – well worth the money I say.
2. Whilst ever I possess many pairs of earrings, I pretty much wear the same pair (or maybe two) all year. As with most things, we have our fav’s right? Well these just became my new favourites. Just a bit different, quirky and quite ‘now’ so I’m to believe. These were an Anthropologie purchase, if you don’t live near a store can browse online here.
3. Confession, the only glasses I need to wear are sunnies. But just saw these little beauties in Zara and decided they were quite fab! Asking myself ‘but isn’t it daft wearing glasses when you don’t need to’ between the display and the tip,l I concluded that it was no different to wearing a hat or ‘being welly vs heels’ lady and that some days I might just fancy being ‘Specsaver’ lady! A bit of fun (and loved by my little lady too!) but can I encourage you on the back of it… if you like a thing and fancy doing or wearing it, just go for it and t’ hell with what you think others will think… ’tis the way to be! X
Posted on July 31, 2014
Happy Thursday bloggers! Hope you have had a good week and if you’re in the UK have been enjoying this warmer weather… Sooo nice! This week I’m going to mix it up a little (I know – living on the edge!), so today’s post is ‘what I’m loving this week’ and Sundays’ will be more of a feature post. Time restraints, life, school holidays are all responsible so we’re just going with the flow! Loving so much right now, where do I start?!
1. Schools out but these milk bottles are in! At the weekend we threw a baby shower. It was such a sweet event and more pics from that will be on their way. Meantime, I wanted to share these with you because if you are involved in hosting any little kids (or big ones) over the Summer then these ‘old school’ milk bottles with candy-stripe straws are super cute and look just delightful! I ordered these online for £13, inclusive of straws and delivery, check them out (here: click!)
2. Next up my little girl is LOVING this amazingly cute print dress by Mini Rodini from Herbert and Stella in Ilkley. I’m not one for buying branded clothes for the sake of wearing a brand, I only tell you it’s Mini Rodini so you know what you’re looking for! Herbert and Stella is a children’s clothing and toy boutique, they stock up to a size 7 so at nearly age 8 (and very tall) I was dubious as to whether I’d get away with this but it’s perfect and I think we’ll see at least a year/ 18 months out of it. It also comes in a T-shirt/PJ top, bottoms/leggins, rompers and goodness knows what else! The new season prints launched TODAY and it’s all very whacky circus prints, so if you fancy something a bit different for your little strong boy or girl then have a look at their online shop here.
3. Lastly, I posted this picture on Instagram this week. It’s homegrown, allotment veg and it tastes blooming lovely! The sentiment behind the post you can read below:
Ah you know those lovely people who have feeds or timelines full of all things earthy/ au naturel that you think ‘oh too sweet but whose life looks that effortlessly fab’?! He he, #score!
My Father asked if I wanted any veg from the allotment when they came to visit which I said we would. He walked through the door with it just like this… A wee #trug which was so picture perfect I was so grateful! There on the bottom left is a #rose he’s grown too called #Audrey.
Incidentally, the day previous we’d been treated to dinner by my sister (another gift). After they’d all gone home I thought about this #GIFT. I mused that sometimes it can be the finished meal all ‘wow’ cooked for us and served by waiters that we receive, and then sometimes it’s in it’s rawest form, complete with slugs coming out the lettuce… Yet both gifts were just that, a gift and so special in their own way that each were appreciated equally.
It’s not the size or cost of what we give in life, it’s the heartfelt outward expression on giving of ourselves, our time, our love, that matters… What do you think?
Posted on May 29, 2014
“Can you take me shopping”… words I always like to hear because, although I don’t really get excited over the thought of going shopping, I’ve realised I’m just genuinely good at it… isn’t that funny…! Some hate it and I admit, if it’s crowded I can’t abide it, but little and often seems to be a good way to go!
It is lovely helping people spend their hard-earned pennies and then seeing them so happy in their new attire – ah joy! My muse for this weeks’ post agreed to me snapping away as it was too good a photographic opportunity not to make the most of, so off we went!
We only had a small window of two and a half hours (I like short and sweet shopping) and on the day we went it rained so hard….all day (did I say it rained?!!) so went to a nearby newly-opened shopping mall, The Trinity Centre in Leeds.
Although not looking for undergarments (at all), we spent a lot of time in Victoria’s Secret where, amongst other things, this shirt below was purchased. It has a fabulous Moroccan-type print, is slim-fitting and perfect over jeans or if you dare, with a longer slip underneath and just with sandals.
The below garment placed on the back of the fitting-room door was just so ‘ah are you kidding’ subtle…not. But the one thing I kept saying during our shop was “just try it on” . Nicola was so open to trying new things which made it a dream and the result, she now has so many new pieces she would never have dreamed of trying had she been shopping alone.
Had to feature some of the pieces at Ted Baker here because although very loud and bold which isn’t for everyone, it amazes me the prints, colours and fabrics the industry is now able to use… I cannot help but be amazed!
You can check out Typic here and if you fancy going on a shopping trip with me, The Butler, do get in contact or have a peek at my website to find out more here. Meanwhile do leave your thoughts below, it’s great when you guys connect and say ‘hi!’.
Posted on May 22, 2014
Meet Frances. Frances is 54 and like many of us, has hangups about exposing her body now the days are getting warmer. Read More